Please share your response to one of the following:
- Share a way in which you dealt with a stressful situation this week.
- What is the best (or worst) trip you have ever taken?
- How have you been recruited for volunteer ministries?
Please read Isaiah 6.1-13 and discuss:
- What could be the significance of Isaiah mentioning the year that King Uzziah died in relationship to his vision?
- Why do you think God chooses to reveal himself to Isaiah?
- What things in this revelation are the most striking to you? How would you have felt in seeing it?
- What does this encounter tell you about the nature and purpose of God?
- What significance do you see in Isaiah’s response in verse 5 compared to verse 8?
- What would be the impact of Isaiah’s work?
- What is key about the last half of verse 13?
- How does your experience with God compare to Isaiah’s? To the people to whom he was to preach?
- If you were Isaiah, which of your senses would be most impacted by the vision? (i.e., sight; sound; etc.)
- If the members of your HOME Group “responded to the invitation” Sunday morning and said, “Here we are, send us!” What reaction do you think there would be?
- What is something you are learning about God (either from this lesson or in other ways)? How are you responding to it?